Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer has begun!

Hello everyone! I am back after a while of not posting here. With the beginning of the Summer a lot of things have changed in our routine. Big A is currently on Summer break and he is at home with me. So I have been extra busy trying to keep him entertained most of the day.

Today we had our Suzuki lesson, the first lesson of our Summer classes. Our teacher was very happy with all our progress! I was very happy and proud of all our hard work during these past days, I am happy to report that it is paying off!

We are still on the 100 Days of Practice Challenge, we are on day 38!! And I can only say that is AMAZING how much can you improve when being diligent and disciplined enough to practice everyday, it has made a big difference in every aspect.

So we finished our 100 Cuckoos, and now we are filling up quickly our 100 times chart for the French Children's Song. Big A is picking up quickly on all new pieces, we are currently working on 3 new pieces, and he is very positive and has a great attitude towards the challenge.

If I were to give any advise to any Suzuki parent that is currently struggling seeing improvements in their practice or in their process, I would say give it a try to the 100 days of practice challenge, better yet, try it for 20 days, you will see how much you and your child improve the quality of your practice that you will be hooked AND convinced that this challenge is worth to keep it up.

I myself am thinking on applying this concept to other areas where big A and I are currently struggling :).

It has been only one week since we started officially our Summer break, but I am exhausted! and of course, have a renewed appreciation for all teachers :).

Little A will start her Music Together class this Friday, we are excited about it, she was in this class the past Winter and she loved it! We still play their CD all the time at home and in the car to cheer us up.

Thanks for reading and please feel free to share here your opinions about your own Suzuki progress!