Sunday, June 5, 2011

It's all about the Planning

This weekend was kind of hard for our Suzuki practice. Yes, is the beginning of Summer and there is so much to do, and the days are longer, and there is so much excitement about playing outdoors! So yesterday we spent most of our day outside, we went swimming and when we were back we were ALL tired BUT, we are on a CHALLENGE, remember? so we had to practice Piano even if we are too tired.

So big A and me argued for a while, he had a really negative attitude, I blame it to the fact he was tired, I myself wanted to go to bed too. However somehow we were able to practice productively our pieces according to the chart.
The thing about practicing when one is too tired or hungry is that there is no room for enjoying the music making process, which defeats the whole Suzuki philosophy. We, as parents, are supposed, to nurture with love.
So, lesson learned for myself: If I know we are heading to the pool the whole day, we must practice before when big A is as fresh as a lettuce!

I guess it all boils down to a better planning of our time and energy.

Today's practice was fun and a little more improvised. Big A stil had to practice a couple of pieces but he was very interested in experiencing the piano on a different level. He played a remix of all the tunes he know making up new songs. It actually was fun! Little A joined him with some drums and then they switched spots.

I am excited for Summer, but I know we will have to make a TOP priority practicing piano before we do anything else.

We are still on the 100 Days of Practice challenge, currently on day # 28!

Thanks for reading and until the next time!